Resin Elements for Cards

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a fun card using resin elements.




Materials:

Project Instructions:

To begin, mix equal parts EasyCast® Clear Casting Epoxy resin and hardener into a mixing cup.  Stir for 2 full minutes to properly mix the products.


 Pour into another cup and mix for 1 minute.


I found this silicone ice cube mold and thought it would be fun to use so I poured the resin into several cavities.  Filling the cavities about half-way with resin,  I let the resin sit overnight.  The pieces easily popped out the next day.



I used one of the whole resin lemons as a stamp, inking it with white ink and stamping it on black cardstock.  It made a fun background for my card.  And it is reusable as either a stamp or an embellishment for another project.


I used Sunshine Ink to color 2 resin lemon slices. 


A stamp from Rubber Dance Art Stamps worked really well with the lemons, so I inked it with Sunshine Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.


I adhered the resin elements to the card.





What do you think?  I love how light the resin elements are. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



Labels: ,